Buchclub der devoten Richter
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

Books you HAVE TO READ

3 verfasser

Nach unten

Books you HAVE TO READ Empty Books you HAVE TO READ

Beitrag von Alexandra Mo Feb 20, 2017 2:02 pm

hey, I thought it would be nice to have a thread, where we can recommend some books, without spoiler but maybe a short teaser :-)

- Marc Elsberg: Blackout (power blackout over europe)
- Howard Buton: When I was five I killed myself (reclam, very short, easy to read, it's about a young boy with some problems gettin' older and no one to help, I liked it)
- Joseph Heller: Catch22 (book about world war II, some kind of funny and strange and deep at the same time) Very Happy
Alexandra
Alexandra

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4

Nach oben Nach unten

Books you HAVE TO READ Empty Re: Books you HAVE TO READ

Beitrag von Thomas Do Feb 23, 2017 10:37 am

Well, I might not be the best reference here, but I highly recommend (if you are into Sci-Fi or Fantasy):

Asimov's The Foundation series
Prachtett's Discworld series
Salvatore's Drizzt series (D&D)
Philipp K Dick's Ubik, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch, A Scanner Darkly, Time out of Joint (fucked up Sci-Fi drug stories)
Thomas
Thomas

Anzahl der Beiträge : 7

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Alexandra Fr März 03, 2017 10:46 am

I finished "Zero" by Marc Elsberg and now I will take back the recommendation. The topic itself is very interesting (big data) but I really didn't like the plot and the whole story itself. Sorry Marc Elsberg.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Michaela Do März 09, 2017 8:33 pm

It's always hard for me to decide for only a handful of books, because i always feel like neglecting all the other great books out there. But here we go:

1) Great books i recently enjoyed:
- Station eleven (Mandel): Postapocalyptic novel, very intimate setting with a Shakespear-background. Worth a read!
- Our endless numbered days (Fuller): don't want to spoil the read by telling the plot. Even though the story's told in a slow way it was breathtaking (at least for me).
- Fuchserde (Sautner): the first novel about roma people without an overload of folklore and things alike. And written by an Austrian.

2) All time favourites:
- Wolfsaga (Recheis): Story told by a wolve pack. Loved it as a kid, loved it as a teenager, am loving it as an adult <3
- Wiener Passion (Faschinger)
- The Help (Stockett)
- Farseer Trilogy (Robin Hobb): one of my favourite fantasy-trilogies.
- The time traveler's wife (Niffenegger): something for the heart. Easy read. I loved it.
Michaela
Michaela
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 9

https://devoterichter.forenverzeichnis.com

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Gesponserte Inhalte

Gesponserte Inhalte

Nach oben Nach unten

Befugnisse in diesem Forum
Sie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten